Bryan and Steve Klabnik discuss Fred Brooks' essay "No Silver Bullets"--ostensibly apropos of nothing!--discussing the challenges to 10x (or 100x!) improvements in software engineering.
Some of the topics we hit on, in the order that we hit them:
- No Silver Bullet by Fred Brooks
- Sub-podcasting (it's a thing!) this
- video: Fred Brooks speaking on No Silver Bullet
- Ruby on Rails demo (2005)
- Future of coding podcast
- Amdahl's law
- Knuth and McIlroy Approach a Problem
If we got something wrong or missed something, please file a PR! Our next show will likely be on Monday at 5p Pacific Time on our Discord server; stay tuned to our Mastodon feeds for details, or subscribe to this calendar. We'd love to have you join us, as we always love to hear from new speakers!